Friday, March 26, 2010

Capturing the Colors of Light

Have you seen the colors of light? Well, we can see them the whole time through the rainbows, sprays of waterfalls in the sunlight, prismatic objects, and many other things.
One day, I again discovered some interesting fact about the snow in relation to light. I can't help myself gazing at the snow, and I as I gazed longer and more intensely, I noticed that the glitters were not just white or silver, but were of different colors. As I shifted my gaze, the colors kept on interchanging too. 

So I came to understand that the prisms of the snow crystals individually reflect the colors of light so that all different colors are spread out all over the snow. The effect is so mesmerizing that I keep on shifting my perspective to watch the colorful glitters and get the effect like they are dancing. It's truly a wonderful sight and it's hard for me to take my eyes off it. 

I couldn't let such beauty pass, and so I tried to capture it with several shots through my camera. This is another wonder of creation that I want to freeze forever.

Here are a couple of photos that I took.