Saturday, September 4, 2010

God is Our Helper

When fear threatens to paralyze us, the following verses can help us block it from entering our hearts and thus prevent any emotional damage that it might do to us. Meditating on them and implicitly trusting in the One who gave such assurances are the keys to unlock their true power.


"...be of good courage and say: 'Jehovah is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'"
-Proverbs 13:6

photo by Charlene N.K.


"In God I have put my trust. 
I shall not be afraid.
What can earthling man do to me?"
-Psalm 56:11

photo by Charlene N.K.



"You have drawn near in the day that I kept calling you. You said:
 'Do not be afraid.'"
- Lamentations 3:57

photo by Charlene N.K.



"Do not be afraid because of their faces, for ‘I am with you to deliver you,’ is the utterance of Jehovah."
- Jeremiah 1:8

photo by Charlene N.K.