Monday, June 18, 2012

Does God Really Exist?


I had this conversation with a young woman, a university student from another country. I asked her viewpoint about God and what she believed about the future of mankind. She said without hesitation that she didn't believe in God, that she was an atheist, and that her god was science. I replied that science proves the existence of God and many scientists believe this to be so. She tried to avoid the conversation by saying that she didn't want to talk about it. Then she added, "Maybe when I'm old, I will believe in God."

Strange and ridiculous. Does one need to be old to believe in the existence of God? Here 's a verse from the wisest King who ever lived on earth, King Solomon,  which is worth pondering over.


"Remember, now, your Grand Creator in the days of your young manhood, before the calamitous days proceed to come, or the years have arrived when you will say: 'I have no delight in them.'"
- Ecclesiastes 12:1


In the link below, we can read some scientists' answer to the question Does God exist?

Does God Exist? Some Scientist Answer